Pharmaron is a premier R&D service provider for the pharmaceutical industry. Founded in 2003, Pharmaron has invested in our people and our facilities enabling us to provide high quality R&D service across a number of disciplines including chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, toxicology and chemical development. Pharmaron has grown steadily to meet the needs of our customers.
With nearly 2,000 employees and operations in China and the U.S., Pharmaron delivers superior scientific services while maintaining close communication with our customers. Our current clients include small and large pharmaceutical companies in North America, Europe and Japan.
Pharmaron's mission is to provide the highest quality R&D services while helping our customers advance their projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Chemistry: In addition to our strong synthetic chemistry team with exceptional skill in heterocyclic chemistry, Pharmaron has expertise in chiral chemistry (asymmetric chemical & enzymatic reactions) and bioorganic chemistry including nucleosides & nucleotides, carbohydrates, lipid & PEGylation chemistry.
- Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM): Our experienced chemical development group routinely designs and discovers new scalable routes, optimize existing routes for quick scale up as well as develop manufacturing routes. We have the expertise and equipment to prepare compounds from gram to hundreds of kilograms scales. We can provide GMP manufacturing of drug substances (API) on the kilogram scale as well.
- Biology: Pharmaron biology provides a broad spectrum of high quality services to support various stages of drug discovery and development. With strong training in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, our teams are highly experienced, and focused on customer assay development, compound evaluation using cell-free biochemical assays, cell culture models, and biomarker discovery.
- In Vitro ADME Services: Pharmaron offers a comprehensive panel of in vitro ADME assays including solubility, metabolic stability (microsomes, liver S9 fraction, hepatocytes), permeability, plasma protein binding, Cyp inhibition and In Vitro toxicology.
- PK / Bioanalytical: Pharmaron offers comprehensive in vivo pharmacokinetic (PK), toxicokinetics, GLP bioanalytical, discovery bioanalytical, and formulation services to our partners.
- In Vivo Pharmacology: Pharmaron in vivo pharmacology services include oncology, metabolic diseases, CNS, pain, inflammation and other established animal models and procedures. Our large collections of human tumor xenograft models, human tumor tissue bank and pharmacogenomic information allow partners to select and identify relevant tumor models for compounds evaluation and help accelerate their drug discovery and development process.
- Preclinical Services (PCS): Pharmaron's AAALAC-accredited toxicology facility in Beijing is one of the largest vivariums in China, built from the ground up to be US GLP-compliant. All GLP studies are audited by an independent Quality Assurance Unit (QAU), comply with US FDA Good Laboratory Practices (GLP; 21CFR Part 58), and are managed with US-level animal welfare oversight.
- Integrated Services: Pharmaron offers comprehensive services in all areas of drug R&D. Our ability to bring the groups together in a single project allows us to provide quality integrated R&D services.